The success of any venture depends mostly on the efficiency of the public relations it makes. And the public relations specialists establish and maintain relationships with an organization’s target audience, the media and other opinion leaders to effectively address those concerns using the most powerful tool of the public relations trade called publicity.
It is interesting to note that though the heads of a PR agency can be men, it has been observed in present day scenario that nearly 2/3rd of the public relations London is comprised of women. Now, the question is that is it because there is no option, or that it is the best option?
Well, to speak the truth, it is only because of the practical combination of both. Here are enumerated 5 reasons why there are more women in PR:-
- Work hour flexibility- The researches and report prepared on PR Bath have shown that women prefer to join PR as it offers them ample work hour flexibility. In this digital age, they can work from home as freelancers and hence they like taking up such job, especially when they have kids to take care of. This reduces their possibility to leave their job as they can continue from home with flex-time.
- Reliability-it has been proved by survey that most men and women prefer talking to a woman rather than a man. Hence, PR specialists are more relied upon by people when they are women. Well, this may sound weird, but this is the fact that goes on in case of PR London.
- Choice of organizations-Owing to the last reason, the PR agencies also prefer taking women for their posts of PR executives. They feel that when a woman will communicate on their behalf, it will attract more traffic to the companies that they are doing PR for. This will automatically enhance their business and make them grow.
- Good pay-Reports on PR Bath has revealed that compared to the other typical women jobs the most common of which is teaching, women get much better remuneration from PR jobs. This is a major reason why PR attracts so many women. Moreover, the agencies can get women PR at lower payments than men owing to the same fact that most other obvious women jobs are low-paid. Hence, they also take women for their PR who happily join for ‘good pay’.
- More Social-Whether you call it a myth, it is believed all over the world that women are better listeners and speakers and are much more social than men. This, of course, enhance their chances in PR.
The Post First appeared on About Public Relations